9 Tips for Summer Season in India ( Published on 10th April 2015)
1. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 8-12 glasses of water per day. Supplement your water intake with traditional Indian juices like seasonal "aam ka pannah", "kokum sharbat", "nimbu sharbat", "jal jeera", "chhass" etc.
2. Even if you are on the move, carry at least a small water bottle with you -quench thirst on the go
3. Eat seasonal fruits such as water melon and musk melon that have higher water content
4. Curtains made of "khus" help during summer season. Sprinkle some water on them and the incoming breeze is fragrant and cooler.
5. Those who are allergic to refrigerated very cold water, can drink water cooled in an earthen pot. You can add some "khus" into this water for a sweeter taste and cooler feel.
6. Wear loose fitting light colour clothes, preferably white or similar lighter shades. Wear a suitable headgear such as a loose fitting cap.
7. Never leave your pets enclosed in a car/vehicle even for small amount of time. In fact never leave your pets enclosed in your car during any season
8. If your vehicle is parked in the open, leave all the four doors open before starting the car and air condition(AC) in car again. The open doors for 2-3 minutes will allow the hot air trapped inside the vehicle to go out. Your car AC will have lesser load after this small procedure.
9. If you are running air conditioner at your home, setting a higher temperature even by one degree or two ( for example say 23 instead of 21) will save a substantial electricity.